Rachael Ray Nutrish
⚠ Important recall information appears below.
Rachael Ray created Nutrish by working with Ainsworth Pet Nutrition experts to develop new recipes of dog food with simple, natural ingredients inspired by her own cooking. Ainsworth Pet Nutrition, a family-owned and operated company, manufactures Nutrish in Meadville, Pennsylvania.
Also on Petful
See Dave’s favorite dog food brand…
Proceeds from product sales go directly to pet charities, organizations and rescue efforts. The company produces its products with sustainability and carbon emission reduction initiatives.
Nutrish Quick Facts
Brand line includes: Nutrish Real Chicken & Veggies Recipe, Nutrish Healthy Weight Turkey & Veggies Recipe, Nutrish Zero Grain Salmon & Sweet Potato, Nutrish Just 6 Lamb & Brown Rice Recipe, Nutrish Naturally Delish Wet Food for Dogs, Nutrish Natural Dry Cat Food, Nutrish Natural Wet Cat Food
Company: Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
Headquarters: Meadville, Pennsylvania
Contact info: 1-800-323-7738, email, website
Has Nutrish Ever Been Recalled?
Yes. A recall of several wet cat food varieties was announced in late spring 2015. The cause was high levels of Vitamin D, which can cause serious health complications in cats. In addition, Nutrish has received many complaints from consumers — read the comments on this page to see a sample of the complaints we’ve seen the past few years. The Zero Grain variety seems to fare better, getting a 4-star rating on Dog Food Advisor.
List of Rachael Ray Nutrish Recalls
Cause: Potentially elevated levels of Vitamin D. Announcement: FDA report dated June 4, 2015. What was recalled: The following varieties of Rachael Ray Nutrish wet cat food:
- Paw Lickin’ Chicken & Liver, 2.8 oz. single pack, “Best by” date of Aug. 17, 2015
- Ocean Fish & Chicken Catch-iatore, 2.8 oz. single pack, “Best by” date of Dec. 1, 2016
- Ocean Fish-a-licious, 2.8 oz. single pack, “Best by” date of Dec. 1, 2016
- Tuna Purrfection, 2.8 oz. single pack, “Best by” date of Dec. 1, 2016
- Lip Smackin’ Sardine & Mackerel, 2.8 oz. single pack, “Best by” date of Dec. 1, 2016
Two variety packs that contain some of these recalled products also were recalled:
- Chicken Lovers Variety Pack, 12 count pack of 2.8 oz cups, “Best by” date of Dec. 1, 2016
- Ocean Lovers Variety Pack, 12 count pack of 2.8 oz cups, “Best by” date of Dec. 1, 2016
If you have not done so already, we urge you to sign up now for Petful’s FREE recall alerts by email. Our free alerts are saving pets’ lives.
Have You Had a Problem With Nutrish?
- See our reporting page for contact info.
- Leave a comment below to share your experience with others.
Please share this with your friends below: