I’m starting to get really good at kneading dough. I don’t just make dog biscuits; I make breads and cookies for myself as well.
I’ve come to realize that certain ingredients tend to create a dough that is remarkably easier to knead and roll out than others.
Fortunately for me (and Banjo), a couple of those ingredients are found in this scrumptious dog treat recipe — peanut butter and applesauce.
Also on Petful
See why dogs are getting amazing results with this dog food…
Peanut Butter and Applesauce Dog Cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup peanut butter (no toxic xylitol)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Heat your oven to 350 F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except olive oil.
- Add as much olive oil as needed to create a dough that holds its shape.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to ¼-inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into shapes and place them on a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen small cookies.
Because I’m not baking for an entire classroom of puppies, I decided to just make a quarter batch of these cookies. The recipe yielded 1 dozen tasty, bite-sized cookies that Banjo happily ate (and promptly begged for more).
You can keep leftover biscuits in a container for up to 1 week.
Adapted from The Lazy Pit Bull.
Don’t Miss These Great Recipes From Petful: