I’ll admit that I have a nice collection of cookie cutters. So I have plenty of creative options when I’m making cookies for my family or biscuits for my pup.
But you don’t need to buy a bunch of cookie cutters to get a cute design on your pup’s treats. This recipe uses a simple circular cookie cutter and some finger impressions to create an adorable, dog-themed treat.
Dog Paw Print Treats
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- ¼ cup brewer’s yeast
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the oil and broth in alternating batches.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to ¼-inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into circles and place them on a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Using your thumb, create an indent in the center of each cookie, then use your pinky finger to create 4 toe prints above.
- Place the cookie tray in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While the cookies are in the freezer, heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 20 minutes, shut off the oven and leave the cookies inside for another 40 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
These biscuits baked up to cute, crunchy delights for Banjo. She barely left the kitchen the whole time they were cooking and was not the least bit patient while I tried to snap a few pictures of the finished product.
But she didn’t hesitate to gobble up her test cookie and started begging for more.
Adapted from Martha Stewart Paw-Print Dog Treats.
Don’t Miss These Other Great Recipes From Petful:
- Yummy Blueberry Dog Treats
- Simple Frozen Yogurt Treats
- Peanut Butter-Banana “Pupsicles”
- Apple Cheddar Dog Biscuits