Spring is in full swing, and summer is just around the corner.
When hot weather is on its way, I start thinking about my dog’s comfort. To keep Banjo cool in the heat and humidity, I make sure her water bowl stays full and that the air conditioner is running if she’s left home alone.
She also gets special frozen treats, like this simple and delicious frozen snack for dogs.
Peanut Butter-Banana “Pupsicles”
- 1 cup peanut butter (make sure xylitol is not an ingredient)
- ½ ripe banana, mashed
- 1–2 tablespoons water, as needed
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter and banana.
- Add water if the mixture is too thick (it should be cookie dough consistency).
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze overnight.
Makes about 1 dozen frozen cookies.
If your dog enjoys bananas as much as mine does, you can always give the unused banana half. Banjo enjoyed that treat while she waited for her pupsicles to freeze. And the next day, she was eager to try the finished product.
Because peanut butter and bananas are 2 of her favorite human-food treats, she had zero complaints about these tasty, chilly bites.
Adapted from The Humane Society of the United States: Peanut Butter Popsicles.
Don’t Miss These Other Great Recipes From Petful:
- Apple Cheddar Dog Biscuits
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips for Your Dog
- Cheddar Dog Biscuits for Your Cheese-Loving Pup