Banjo has never been one to refuse an ice cube on a hot day — though she prefers to lick the ice and scoot it across my floor before losing interest and letting it melt into a slimy puddle.
Wondering how to keep her interested enough to finish the ice cubes, I found this great summer dog treat recipe.
It includes some of Banjo’s favorite foods (peanut butter and banana), and it’ll cool her off during the hot months.
Simple Frozen Yogurt Treats for Dogs
- 4 cups plain yogurt
- ½ cup peanut butter (make sure xylitol is not an ingredient)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a medium bowl, melt the peanut butter in a microwave for 30–60 seconds.
- Using a food processor or mixer, combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into 2 ice cube trays.
- Freeze overnight.
Take care when you’re mixing your batter that the peanut butter doesn’t settle on the bottom. I wasn’t diligent enough with scraping the bowl and ended up with a couple of ice cubes that had more than their fair share of peanut butter.
Banjo absolutely loved these treats, but she did still insist on scooting them across my floor.
Not wanting to find a sticky puddle of melted yogurt batter, I’ve given her these treats only in her food bowl. Though, as we start spending more time lounging in the backyard, I think she’ll be enjoying these frozen snacks outside.
Adapted from The Bark.
Don’t Miss These Other Great Recipes From Petful:
- Peanut Butter-Banana “Pupsicles”
- Apple Cheddar Dog Biscuits
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips for Your Dog
- Cheddar Dog Biscuits for Your Cheese-Loving Pup
Save 15-30% or more on pet supplies at Amazon.com (affiliate link)
Please share this with your friends below: