OK, folks, it has been sweltering lately, and the last thing I want to do is turn on my oven.
But let’s be honest, Banjo is still a hungry puppy and deserves some homemade treats.
So I’ve decided on a “no-bake” option. Four ingredients and simple steps make up this chilly treat for these hot summer days.
No-Bake Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup peanut butter (make sure it doesn’t contain xylitol)
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 cups oatmeal, divided
- Mix the pumpkin, peanut butter and milk until well combined.
- Stir in 2½ cups of the oatmeal.
- Using a cookie scoop, create balls of dough and roll them in the remaining ½ cup of oatmeal to coat each treat.
- Cover the balls and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Banjo could barely contain her excitement when it was time for the taste test. We actually had to go outside to keep her drool from puddling on my clean floors.
When the moment of truth happened, she gobbled up the snack in 1 bite and impatiently sniffed the grass for crumbs.
These are definitely a winner in her book, but she’ll have to work on her patience because they keep for 1 week in the refrigerator, so Banjo will be enjoying them in moderation.
Adapted from Chungah at Damn Delicious.
Don’t Miss These Other Great Recipes From Petful:
- Paw Print Treats
- Yummy Blueberry Dog Treats
- Simple Frozen Yogurt Treats
- Peanut Butter-Banana “Pupsicles”
Get Free Recall Alerts! Sign up now to Petful’s twice-monthly email newsletter, and you’ll also get our FREE pet food recall alerts. You’ll be among the very first to know about recalls. Click here to sign up now (it’s free).