Since my previous carob powder recipe, I’ve found myself with an excess of carob powder and a hankering to try some more pup treat recipes that include carob.
When I found this recipe online, I was immediately won over by the dreamy photos.
And Banjo? She was won over by the taste.
Peanut Butter Doggy Doughnuts With Carob Icing
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (no xylitol)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ cup carob powder
- ¼ cup boiling water
- Heat your oven to 375 F.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg and stir in the milk and peanut butter until smooth.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder until a workable dough forms. You may have to add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Roll out the dough on a floured workspace to ½-inch thick.
- Cut the dough into doughnut-shaped treats and place on a nonstick cookie sheet. (If you don’t have a doughnut-shaped cookie cutter, you can use any other shape you’d like.)
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the treats are hard.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix carob powder and boiling water until the mixture reaches an icing consistency.
- Pipe the carob icing onto your treats and allow it to harden. (I don’t have an icing bottle, so I cut a small hole in the corner of a sandwich bag and filled the bag with the icing, making it easy to squeeze out.)
I have to admit, these are probably the cutest and most appetizing dog biscuits I’ve ever made. If I’m ever whipping together some puppy treats for a friend and want to make a good impression, this is the recipe I’ll use.
These new snacks looked scrumptious, so Banjo was an eager fan and gobbled them up with barely a second sniff.
Adapted from The Worktop.
Don’t Miss These Great Recipes From Petful:
- Wheat- and Gluten-Free Carob Dog Biscuits
- Apple “Pupcakes” With Peanut Butter Frosting
- Peanut Butter and Applesauce Dog Cookies
- Tasty Homemade Banana Carrot Dog Treats
Please share this with your friends below: