Earlier this year, I bought an 18-ounce bag of carob powder.
But even after all those recipes, I still have more than half of that bag remaining. So I started searching for some fun new recipes that call for carob. And I found this one. Doggy Oreos!
These Doggy Oreos are so stinkin’ cute, I just had to make some for Banjo. And I’m happy I did.
Doggy Oreos Recipe
- 1 banana
- ½ cup peanut butter (no xylitol)
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup carob powder
- Filling: 8 ounces softened cream cheese and/or peanut butter
- Heat your oven to 350 F.
- Mash the banana with a fork in a medium-size bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the filling) and mix well.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to ¼-inch thick and cut with a circular cookie cutter.
- Bake 8–10 minutes on a nonstick baking sheet.
- After the cookies have cooled completely, spread 1–2 teaspoons of filling on half of the cookies; then sandwich them with the other half.
I’m so in love with how these treats turned out!
From the decadently dark cookies to the perfect white center, they’re adorable Oreo replicas. On top of that, they are delicious (according to Banjo).
I gave Banjo one outside, thinking she might make a bit of a mess. But she proved me wrong when she ate it in a single bite.
Adapted from: Just Eat Life.
Don’t Miss These Great Recipes From Petful: