As much as I hate turning on the oven when the weather is as hot as it has been lately, I can’t help loving all of these sweet carob dog treat recipes I’ve found.
Since the oven’s on for only about 20 minutes and since Banjo really seems to enjoy these homemade biscuits, I’ve been doing a bit more baking than usual lately.
Here’s one of a few recent carob dog biscuits recipes I made for Banjo. This one is simple to throw together, and you’ll have a pile of treats to get your pup through the week.
Also on Petful
See why dogs are getting amazing results with this dog food…
Carob Banana Dog Treats
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup carob powder
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Heat your oven to 350 F.
- Mash the banana with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to ¼-inch thick and cut out with a cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on a nonstick baking sheet and pierce each cookie with a fork.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes.
The carob powder has a rich, earthy scent, but the sweet smell of banana takes over once these cookies get into the oven.
Apparently the 2 ingredients make for a tempting combination because Banjo scarfs them down in 1 bite.
Adapted from Doggy Dessert Chef.
Don’t Miss These Great Recipes From Petful: