While looking for grain-free dog treat recipes, I spotted this one that calls for black beans.
I’ve never tried giving Banjo biscuits with beans and happened to have a spare can of black beans in the pantry, so I thought I’d give it a whirl.
If your dog has itchy skin or grain-related allergies, these cookies are a healthy alternative to commercially made dog biscuits.
Grain-Free Black Bean Dog Cookies
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed (from a 15 oz. can)
- ¼ cup peanut butter (no xylitol)
- ½ very ripe banana
- 1 egg
- In a food processor, blend the beans until they create a paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Refrigerate the batter for at least 1 hour.
- Heat your oven to 350 F.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoons onto a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Using the back of a fork, flatten the cookies.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Flip the cookies over and bake for 20 more minutes.
The black beans make these treats look like chocolate cookies, except they’re definitely dog-friendly.
Banjo was unimpressed with how long she had to wait while I tried to snap a couple photos of the finished cookies, but it was worth the wait. She was won over by these grain-free biscuits.
Adapted from: SkinnyMs.
Don’t Miss These Great Recipes From Petful: