I’m always on the lookout for simple chilled dog treat recipes I can try out in the summer, and this one really caught my eye.
Not only is it simple to make (and offers easy cleanup afterward), but there are also a lot of opportunities to make adorable shapes with the silicone mold.
This recipe makes about 2–3 dozen chilled dog treats.
Also on Petful
See why dogs are getting amazing results with this dog food…
Peanut Butter Chilled Dog Treats
- 1 cup peanut butter (no xylitol)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Melt the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Allow it to cool slightly. Then pour into silicone ice cube molds.
- Place the molds into the refrigerator for a few hours, until solid.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Since I don’t have any fun silicone ice cube molds, I decided to use some silicone cupcake liners instead and filled each about ⅓ to ½ full.
After they’d set, the treats looked like caramel-colored Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
According to 12Tomatoes, coconut oil “improves overall skin and coat health” in dogs and also has “been linked to preventing diabetes and heart disease.”
Adapted from 12Tomatoes.
Don’t Miss These Great Recipes From Petful: