Triumph Pet Food
⚠ Important recall information appears below.
Triumph brand pet food offers consumers the option of a high-quality food without a higher price tag. Grain-free dog food is offered at reasonable prices, as is nutritious cat food. Testimonials on the company’s website from satisfied customers indicate happiness with both the ingredients of the food as well as the price. Triumph manufactures foods for both dogs and cats.
The Triumph brand is owned by Sunshine Mills, which operates the corporate office in Alabama.
Triumph Quick Facts
Brand line includes: Triumph Wet Kitten Food Turkey Formula, Triumph Wet Cat Food Chicken-N-Liver Formula, Triumph Wet Cat Food Salmon Formula, Triumph Hi-Tor Veterinary Select Cat Food-Felo Dietary Formula, Triumph Wet Dog Food Lamb, Rice ‘N Vegetable Formula, as well as assorted biscuits and treats
Company: Sunshine Mills, Inc.
Headquarters: 500 6th Street SW, P.O. Box 676, Red Bay, AL 35582
Contact info: 1-800-633-3349, email
Has Triumph Ever Been Recalled?
Yes. In 2017, cans of a Triumph cat food formula were recalled because of the possibility of “foreign material” in the cans. A representative from Sunshine Mills told Petful the recall was limited to a single formula, Ocean Fish, produced on a single day. Ten years earlier, in 2007, a few varieties of Triumph’s pet food line were removed from stores during the nationwide melamine recalls.
List of Triumph Recalls
Cause: Foreign material. Announcement: Verified by phone with the company, Feb. 15, 2017. What was recalled: Triumph Premium Cat Food Ocean Fish Formula, 13.2 oz. cans, produced on Aug. 3, 2016.
Cause: Melamine. Announcement: AVMA report (archived); FDA reports dated June 28, 2008. What was recalled: The following cans and pouches of pet food:
- Triumph Sliced Beef & Gravy dog food, 5.5oz can, “Best by” dates between Dec. 11, 2009 and March 7, 2010
- Triumph Mixed Grill cat food, 3 oz. pouch, “Best by” dates between Nov. 8, 2008 and March 7, 2009
- Triumph Turkey and Giblets cat food, 3 oz. pouch, “Best by” dates between Nov. 8, 2008 and March 7, 2009
- Triumph Sliced Beef & Gravy cat food, 3 oz. can, “Best by” dates between Dec. 6, 2009 and Jan. 24, 2010
If you have not done so already, we urge you to sign up now for Petful’s FREE recall alerts by email. Our free alerts are saving pets’ lives.
Have You Had a Problem With Triumph?
- See our reporting page for contact info.
- Leave a comment below to share your experience with others.
Please share this with your friends below: