Maker: WellPet, LLC
Cause: Potential for foreign material
Announcement: WellPet voluntary recall report dated Feb. 10, 2017
What was recalled: 12.5 oz. cans of the following Wellness cat food:
- Chicken & Herring, best by Aug. 4, 2019
- Chicken, best by Aug. 3 or Aug. 4, 2019
- Chicken & Lobster, best byAug. 4, 2019
- Turkey & Salmon, best byAug. 5, 2019
- Turkey, best by Aug. 4 or Aug. 5, 2019
- Beef & Chicken, best by Aug. 5, 2019
- Beef & Salmon, best by Aug. 5, 2019
WellPet says it is recalling the products out of an abundance of caution. There were no foreign materials found in Wellness products; however, this line of Wellness canned cat food is manufactured in the same facility as another brand which was just recalled for foreign material (see the Companion recall). The foreign material has not been identified in either recall.
If you have not done so already, we urge you to sign up now for Petful’s FREE recall alerts by email. Our free alerts are saving pets’ lives.
There were more recalls in 2017. See the previous one:
(Or browse recalls by brand name)