Cause: Potential for pentobarbital
Announcement: Company announcement dated Feb. 3, 2017; FDA report dated Feb. 3, 2017
What was recalled: The following lots of Hunk of Beef dog food:
- Lot #1816E03HB, UPC Code ending in 20109
- Lot #1816E04HB, UPC Code ending in 20109
- Lot #1816E06HB, UPC Code ending in 20109
- Lot #1816E07HB, UPC Code ending in 20109
- Lot #1816E13HB, UPC Code ending in 20109
The affected products were sold in Washington, California, Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, Maryland, South Carolina, Georgia and Florida.
According to the FDA, “Pentobarbital can affect animals that ingest it, and possibly cause side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, excitement, loss of balance or nausea, or in extreme cases, possibly death.”
If you have not done so already, we urge you to sign up now for Petful’s FREE recall alerts by email. Our free alerts are saving pets’ lives.
There were more recalls in 2017. See the previous one:
(Or browse recalls by brand name)