TruDog: Boost Me Mighty Meaty Beef Booster, and Treat Me Crunchy Beef Delights
Maker: TruPet LLC
Cause: Potential for salmonella
Dates of recalls: April 13 and Feb. 23, 2018
What was recalled: The following TruDog products:
- TruDog Boost Me Mighty Meaty Beef Booster, 2.5 oz., Lot #20190531 13815
- TruDog Treat Me Crunchy Beef Delight, 2.5 oz., Lot #20190514 13753
Lori Taylor, CEO of TruPet LLC, said, “We have decided as a company to withdraw [Boost Me Mighty Meaty Beef Booster] from the market and replace it with new product immediately, as our new testing protocols have indicated there could be a risk for salmonella in 667 cases.”
Also on Petful
See why dogs are getting amazing results with this dog food…
No other TruDog or TruPet products were part of the recalls.
K9 Natural: Chicken Feast
Maker: K9 Natural Ltd
Cause: Potential for listeria
Date of recall: April 13, 2018
What was recalled: The following sizes/batches of K9 Natural Chicken Feast frozen raw dog food:
- 2.2 lb. and 11 lb. bags, Batch #170517, expiration date of Nov. 17, 2018
- 11 lb. bags, Batch #150517, expiration date of Nov. 15, 2018
- 11 lb. bags, Batch #160517, expiration date of Nov. 16, 2018
According to the announcement from K9 Natural, a New Zealand-based company, these products were imported into the United States last summer. They were shipped to distributors in Washington, California, Texas, Colorado and Pennsylvania.
“No pet or human illnesses, injuries or complaints have been reported to date,” the company noted.
Darwin’s: Natural Selections and ZooLogics
Maker: Darwin’s Natural Pet Products
Cause: Potential for salmonella and E. coli
Dates of recalls: March 26 and Feb. 13, 2018
What was recalled: Darwin’s has issued a number of recalls in 2018, for various Natural Selections and Zoologics products:
- Natural Selections Chicken With Organic Vegetables Meals for Dogs, 2 lb., Lot #43887, manufactured Jan. 30, 2018
- Natural Selections Duck With Organic Vegetables Meals for Dogs, 2 lb., Lot #44147, manufactured Feb. 5, 2018
- ZooLogics Turkey Meals for Dogs, 2 lb., Lot #44127, manufactured Feb. 4, 2018
- ZooLogics Chicken With Vegetables Meals for Dogs, 2 lb., Lot #4403743887, manufactured Feb. 7, 2018
- ZooLogics Chicken and Vegetable Meals for Dogs, manufactured Nov. 2, 2017
- ZooLogics Duck and Vegetable Meals for Dogs, manufactured Nov. 16, 2017
A string of recalls for this company have highlighted numerous problems with the pet food. At least 1 kitten has died of a salmonella infection after consuming Darwin’s, and other pets have reportedly been sickened.
The manufacturer of Darwin’s — Arrow Reliance Inc. — has quietly issued other recalls since October 2016, involving more than 23 tons of pet food. Customers have complained of sick pets and “leaky, “off-color” packages in recent months.
Keep your pet safe! Subscribe to Petful’s FREE recall alerts: Learn more.
There were more dog food recalls in 2018. See them here: