Alert: Your Peanut Butter May Be Toxic to Your Pet

Check the label — at least one brand has started adding xylitol as a sweetener.

Nuts-N-More-PeanutButter2

Dogs usually love a little peanut butter as a treat, and most brands are safe for them to eat. Peanut butter is especially good when smeared inside a Kong dog toy.

However, the sweetener xylitol — usually found in toothpaste, chewing gum and baked goods — has started appearing in the peanut butter brand Nuts ‘n More.

Even worse, other brands of peanut butter may follow.

Xylitol, as many of our close readers know, can be fatal to pets. Swallowing a small amount of it can cause serious medical issues for dogs and cats, including liver damage, seizures, low blood sugar — and, yes, even death.

So, look carefully at those labels. Make sure your peanut butter is xylitol-free.

Source: Mother Nature Network

Please share this with your friends below:

 


Also Popular

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!