A new study has found that “dog people” and “cat people” do, indeed, have different personalities.
And the fur is already flying, thanks to the most startling conclusion of the study — that cat lovers are smarter than dog lovers.
According to Denise Guastello, an associate professor of psychology at Carroll University in Wisconsin:
- Tend to have more energy — they enjoy the outdoors and being social
- Are more likely to abide by the rules
- Enjoy companionship from their pet the most
- Are more intelligent
- Prefer a more subdued lifestyle
- Are more open-minded and sensitive
- Enjoy affection from their pet the most
Of the 600 college students surveyed, 60% were strictly dog lovers and 11 percent were strictly cat lovers.
What do you think of this study? Well, you can probably imagine what I’m thinking — I have 2 dogs at home.
Please share this with your friends below: