⚠ Important recall information appears below. Brand discontinued.
Nutriplan was a store-brand pet food owned and marketed by the SuperValu superstore chain, which includes labels such as Shop-N-Save, Cub Foods, Lucky, Jewel-Osco and Farm Fresh, among others.
In 2010, Nutriplan was discontinued along with the Happy Trails line, and both were replaced with the WholeCare Pet line of pet food.
Nutriplan Quick Facts
Brand line included: Nutriplan Dog Food Chicken Cuts & Gravy, Nutriplan Dog Food Beef Cuts & Gravy, Nutriplan Cat Food Flaked Tuna Dinner, Nutriplan Cat Food Sliced Beef & Gravy
Headquarters: 7075 Flying Cloud Dr, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Contact info: 952-828-4000
Was Nutriplan Ever Recalled?
Yes. In 2007, the Nutriplan line was included in the massive Menu Foods recall due to melamine contamination. A generic overall warning to retailers carrying the product was issued by the FDA, as the brand was carried in multiple locations across the country.
List of Nutriplan Recalls
Cause: Melamine. Announcement: FDA reports dated June 25, 2008 (dog and cat). What was recalled: The following Nutriplan canned foods, with “Best By” dates ranging from Dec. 6, 2009 to March 8, 2010:
- Chicken Cuts & Gravy dog food, 13.2 oz.
- Beef Cuts & Gravy dog food, 13.2 oz.
- Chicken and Rice Cuts & Gravy dog food, 13.2 oz.
- Sliced Beef & Gravy dog food, 5.5 oz.
- Stew Cuts & Gravy dog food, 13.2 oz.
- Beef Slices and Gravy dog food, 13.2 oz.
- Flaked Tuna Dinner cat food, 3 oz.
- Sliced Beef & Gravy cat food, 5.5 oz.
- Sliced Chicken & Gravy cat food, 3 0z. and 5.5 oz.
Did You Have a Problem With Nutriplan?
- See our reporting page for contact info.
- Leave a comment below to share your experience with others.