Important recall information appears below. Brand discontinued.
Nu Pet was produced by Menu Foods, which was bought out in 2010 by Simmons Pet Food, Inc.
This food is no longer produced.
Nu Pet Quick Facts
Brand line included: Nu Pet Dog Food Beef Cuts & Gravy, Nu Pet Dog Food Lamb and Vegetable Cuts in Gravy, Nu Pet Cat Food Sliced Chicken, Nu Pet Cat Food Sliced Tuna
Company: Simmons Pet Food Inc.
Headquarters: 316 North Hico, Siloam Springs, AR 72761-2806
Contact info: 866-463-6738, email
Was Nu Pet Ever Recalled?
Yes. In 2007, the Nu Pet brand had several recalls as part of the Menu Foods melamine fiasco.
List of Nu Pet Recalls
Cause: Melamine. Announcement: AVMA report (archived). What was recalled: Nu Pet canned foods in the following varieties/sizes, with “Best By” dates ranging from Nov. 8, 2009 to March 7, 2010:
- Sliced Chicken & Gravy dog food, 5.5 oz. and 22 oz.
- Beef Cuts & Gravy dog food, 22 oz.
- Beef Stew Cuts & Gravy dog food, 22 oz.
- Lamb and Vegetable Cuts in Gravy dog food, 22 oz.
- Sliced Tuna cat food, 3 oz.
- Sliced Chicken cat food, 5 oz.
Did You Have a Problem With Nu Pet Food?
Leave a comment below to share your experience with others.