⚠ Important recall information appears below.
Evolve dog and cat food is produced by Sunshine Mills, which has been manufacturing pet food since 1960. The Evolve brand features real meat and no corn, wheat or soy. The pet food is manufactured in the United States.
Evolve Quick Facts
Brand line includes: Evolve Grain Free Dog Food, Evolve Maintenance Formula Dog Food, Evolve Senior/Lite Dog Food, Evolve Kitten Formula Natural Cat Food, Evolve Maintenance Formula with Chicken Natural Cat Food, Evolve Grain Free Dog Treats
Where to buy: Latest deals on [easyazon_link keywords=”Evolve pet food” locale=”US” tag=”petsadvi-20″]Evolve pet food[/easyazon_link]
Company: Sunshine Mills Inc.
Headquarters: 500 6th Street SW, P.O. Box 676, Red Bay, AL 35582
Contact info: 1-800-633-3349, website
Has Evolve Pet Food Ever Been Recalled?
Yes. In late July 2021, Sunshine Mills announced a limited recall of several brands, including Evolve, due to potentially elevated levels of aflatoxin in the food. Only two specific lot codes of Evolve Classic Super Premium Food for Dogs Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe were involved.
Also, in fall 2018, an Evolve puppy formula was recalled because of elevated levels of Vitamin D.
Finally, a decade earlier, in 2007, this brand was recalled for possible melamine contamination.
Full details of all Evolve recalls appear below.
List of Evolve Pet Food Recalls
Cause: Potentially elevated levels of aflatoxin. Announcement: FDA alert dated July 29, 2021 (archived here). What was recalled: The following packages of Evolve:
- Evolve Classic Super Premium Food for Dogs Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe, 15 lbs., UPC #073657 008750, best by Feb. 11, 2022, Lot Code TA1 11/Feb/2021
- Evolve Classic Super Premium Food for Dogs Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe, 15 lbs., UPC #073657 008750, best by Feb. 11, 2022, Lot Code TA2 11/Feb/2021
- Evolve Classic Super Premium Food for Dogs Deboned Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe, 30 lbs., UPC #073657 380313, best by Feb. 11, 2022, Lot Code TA2 11/Feb/2021
Cause: Elevated levels of Vitamin D. Announcement: FDA announcement dated Nov. 27, 2018 (archived here). What was recalled: The following dry dog food with best by dates of Nov. 1, 2018 – Nov. 8, 2019: 14 lb. and 28 lb. bags of Evolve Puppy Formula (Chicken & Rice), UPC numbers 0-73657-00862-0 and 0-73657-00863-7.
Cause: Melamine. Announcement: FDA report from spring 2007. What was recalled: Evolve Kitten Formula, 3 lbs. and 7 lbs., UPC #7365700251 and 73657 00250, Best by Aug. 12, 2008.
If you have not done so already, we urge you to sign up now for Petful’s FREE recall alerts by email. Our free alerts are saving pets’ lives.
Have You Had a Problem With Evolve?
- See our reporting page for contact info.
- Leave a comment below to share your experience with others.