⚠ Important recall information appears below.
The Bruiser brand of dog food is made and sold by Wegmans, a supermarket chain in the U.S. Northeast. The store began as Rochester Fruit & Vegetable Co. in 1916 and eventually was renamed to Wegmans, after the brothers running the store. The business is still family-run.
Bruiser Quick Facts
Brand line includes: Bruiser Dog Food Family Pack
Company: Wegmans Food Markets
Headquarters: P.O. Box 30844, Rochester, NY 14603-0844
Contact info: 855-934-3663, website
Has Bruiser Ever Been Recalled?
Yes. The former manufacturer, Mars Petcare, recalled products in 2008 because of potential salmonella contamination.
List of Bruiser Dog Food Recalls
Cause: Potential for salmonella. Announcement: FDA report dated Sep. 12, 2008 (archived here). What was recalled: The following Bruiser dog foods produced in February–July 2008:
- Complete Nutrition Dog Food, 4.4 lb., 20 lb. and 37.5 lb. bags
- Puppy Dog Food, 4.4 lb. and 17.6 lb. bags
- Small Crunchy Bites Dog Food, 4.4 lb. and 20 lb. bags
If you have not done so already, we urge you to sign up now for Petful’s FREE recall alerts by email. Our free alerts are saving pets’ lives.
Have You Had a Problem With Bruiser?
- See our reporting page for contact info.
- Leave a comment below to share your experience with others.