These guidelines apply to all community areas of our website, including the forums, images, videos, private messages and links to external sites.
- You may not have more than 1 account.
- You are responsible for all activity on your account. Please don’t violate copyright laws. Don’t write anything that could be potentially libelous.
- Be kind to others. This is a friendly place.
- We promote an open and inviting atmosphere for all members. Discriminatory comments and content are not allowed.
- Political discussion is limited to pet-related topics and should be respectful. Any political discussion not falling under these terms is disallowed.
- No flaming (attacking other members personally). We encourage respectful debate, but remember to discuss the topic in question rather than attack someone personally.
- No trolling (deliberately posting to incite a negative reaction from other members).
- No spamming. The Petful community is intended for personal/noncommercial use. You may not use our website to advertise or market your products or website without prior permission. (You can post a video on your profile page, for example, but do not start a forum post that’s simply intended to promote your video or website.)
- Graphic content or profanity is not allowed, including using asterisks or other placeholders to avoid spelling out the word in question.
- Do not post inappropriate images/videos.
- If another user does not reply to your friend request or private message, or asks you to stop contacting him/her, you must respect that — immediately, without question.
- We reserve the right to delete any content or member account that doesn’t adhere to the spirit of friendliness and fun that we’d like to uphold on our website.
- Please avoid sharing personal information such as addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.
- Solicitations for funds and fundraising events must be approved in advance by the administrators.
- We do not allow breeding, studding, or direct sale of animals to be negotiated via our website. For that matter, we do not allow “free to a good home” posts. We just feel this isn’t the place for those things.
- Do not discuss your account status or the account status of any other member. Posting for a member who has been temporarily or permanently asked to leave our community is likewise not allowed. Send questions and concerns directly to us.
- If you violate these guidelines, we may permanently delete your account without warning.
- Be aware that circumstances may require us to review members’ private messages (including deleted messages) to investigate possible violations of these guidelines. We will never share this information with a third party unless we are required to do so by law.
We reserve the right to modify the community guidelines at any time. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our guidelines, or if you have suggestions, please contact us.
If you see spam, harassment or other community guidelines violations, let us know.