Hy-Vee Pet Food
Important recall information appears below.
In 1930, Charles Hyde and David Vredenburg opened a small general store in Beaconsfield, Iowa. That store grew to become Hy-Vee — a company known for excellent service and reasonable prices.
They sell their own line of pet food and treats as well as other brands in the stores.
Hy-Vee Quick Facts
Brand line includes: Hy-Vee Complete Dog; Hy-Vee Bites, Bones & Squares; Hy-Vee Complete Cat (Gourmet Blend, Complete Nutrition or Indoor Cat)
Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Headquarters: 5820 Westown Parkway, West Des Moines, IA 50266-8223
Contact info: 1-800-772-4098, email
Has Hy-Vee Pet Food Ever Been Recalled?
Yes. This brand was recalled in 2013 because of possible aflatoxin. It was also involved in the large melamine recall of 2007.
List of Hy-Vee Recalls
Cause: Aflatoxin suspected. Announcement: FDA report dated Feb. 22, 2013. What was recalled: Hy-Vee Complete Dog Complete Nutrition (4.4 lb., 8 lb., 34 lb.); Hy-Vee Complete Dog – Bites, Bones & Squares (4.4 lb., 20 lb.); The recall is limited to certain lot numbers and “Best By” dates. Please see the recall announcement for complete info.
Cause: Melamine. Announcement: FDA reports from 2007; also Menu Foods report dated April 30, 2007 (archived). What was recalled: The following canned pet foods, only “Best by” dates between Nov. 8, 2009 and March 7, 2010.:
- Hy-Vee Beef Cuts/Gravy dog food, 13.2 oz. and 22 oz.
- Hy-Vee Beef/Liver Cuts/Gravy dog food, 13.2 oz. and 22oz.
- Hy-Vee Chicken Cuts/Gravy dog food, 13.2 oz.
- Hy-Vee Sliced Beef/Gravy dog food, 5.5 oz.
- Hy-Vee Sliced Chicken/Gravy dog food, 5.5 oz.
- Hy-Vee Stew Cuts/Gravy dog food, 13.2 oz.
- Hy-Vee Flaked Trout Feast cat food, 3 oz.
- Hy-Vee SL Beef/Gravy cat food, 5.5 oz.
- Hy-Vee SL Chicken/Gravy cat food, 5.5 oz.
Have You Had a Problem With Hy-Vee?
- See our reporting page for contact info.
- Leave a comment below to share your experience with others.